Groveland Township - Tazewell County, Illinois
We, the Groveland Township Officials, would like to welcome you to our Township. The Township is made up of several communities, including Creve Coeur, Groveland, Marquette Heights, and parts of East Peoria, Pekin, and Morton.
Your Township is made up of eight elected officials consisting of a Supervisor, Highway Commissioner, Assessor, Town Clerk and four trustees. We have two full-time employees and several part-time road crew employees.
Your Township office is staffed and open each weekday from 8:00am to 4:00pm
(closed from 12:00pm until 1:00pm)
Groveland Township manages the following:
- Maintain forty-seven miles of road
- Manage an annual budget of approximately $1,650,000
- Maintain the second lowest township tax rate in Tazewell County
- Provide for a public assistance and emergency assistance program
- Provide space for the local community library
- Support two area food banks
- Award three college scholarships annually
- Maintain a township-owned business office, a road district building, and road district salt dome
- Appoint board members to various districts
The Board of Trustees, under the direction of the Supervisor, is charged with the responsibility of appointing members of the Central Groveland Fire Protection District, Groveland Fire Protection District, Gardena Fire District, and the Groveland Township Water District. Our road district maintains around forty-seven miles of rural roads.